Next to kitchen renovations, bathroom remodeling projects tend to have the highest payoff in terms of increasing your home’s property value. More than that, however, remodeling your bathroom can make the space more functional and attractive, allowing you to get more enjoyment out of your home.
Undertaking a renovation like this isn’t always easy. Before you get started, check out these five essential tips for remodeling a bathroom to ensure that your project stays on budget and goes according to plan: Or call us if you need help with remodeling In Florence SC.
1. If possible, leave your plumbing fixtures where they are. Anytime you have to move plumbing pipes, the cost of your remodeling project dramatically increases. If you can find a way to make your current layout work, it will save you a lot of money. That way, you just have to spring for the cost of a new toilet, sink, and bathtub rather than paying a lot of extra for plumbing work.
2. Ensure that there is adequate light in the space. Good lighting is essential in a bathroom. Ideally, you should have an overhead light for ambient lighting, natural light coming in from a window, and bright lighting near your mirror or vanity. This allows you to choose different lighting options depending on how you are using the space.
3. Don’t be afraid to use high-end materials, even if you are on a budget. Most bathrooms are quite small. That means that you may be able to afford nicer finishes and materials than you could in a larger room. For instance, if your bathroom is on the smaller side, you might be able to afford fancy floor tiles instead of having to settle for run-of-the-mill vinyl or laminate.
4. Opt for classic styles rather than the latest trends. Bathroom remodeling projects can be quite expensive. If you choose trendy finishes or fixtures, your bathroom could start to look dated in just a few years. A better option is to go with a classic look. That way, the finished bathroom will stand the test of time.
5. Consider installing beadboard or paneling on the walls. Instead of tiling all of the walls in your bathroom, consider putting up beadboard or wood paneling. Tiles are expensive and cleaning that much grout can be a real headache. Going with paneling is a much more cost-effective option. Plus, it also requires less maintenance, which can save you time in the long run. For a fresh, modern look, try painting the paneling white. Alternatively, if you prefer a more rustic look, try staining it a rich, warm shade of brown and sealing it with a waterproof sealer.
Renovating your bathroom is a great way to add value to your home while at the same time creating a more comfortable, functional space. As long as you follow these tips for remodeling a bathroom, you should be able to complete the project without spending a ton of money in the process. It is all about making smart decisions in terms of the layout of your bathroom and the finishes that you use in the space.